It all started with Treasure Island in the third grade. My class was in the library (a place that I dreaded at the time) and we were, of course, being forced to pick out a book. Well, let me tell you, I felt the pressure.
My mother is a BIG reader (as in reads hundreds upon hundreds of books) and wanted me to come to love reading like she did but alas the connection was never made. That is, until a treasure hunting, pirate roaring book fell into my hands. It was within those pages that I fell in love with reading. From that day on my mother didn’t have to pester me with reading (instead it was “you should clean your room” or “you should empty the dishwasher”) and I found an escape from reality.
I’ve been reading for a long time and along the way this certain kind of energy has built up within me. A kind of energy that wants to discuss things all book related and after pestering my family on an hourly basis, I decided to start a blog, where my pestering would be welcomed with warm smiles.
So stick with me and I’ll do my best to entertain! 😉
Here are some fun facts about Lindsey:
- First book she fell in love with: Treasure Island
- First series she fell in love with: His Dark Materials
- Favorite series ever: Harry Potter (don’t try to convince her otherwise)
- She loves candy and will not hesitate to steal it from babies or other human beings
- She is a Disney fanatic when it comes to the movies and the theme park.
- She once had a dog which she named Casper, because that was her favorite movie at the time
- She has a perpetually untidy room no matter how much she tries (much like Harry’s hair)
- She plays Nancy Drew games and thinks you’re cool if you do too
- She’s a dog person, she will always be a dog person and will NEVER EVER be a cat person
- She’s still grieving for David Tenant at the end of his run on Doctor Who
- She’s not sporty. At all.
- She adores each and everyone of her readers. Except for the ones who like cats and try to steal her candy and try to say that Harry Potter isn’t so great. She gives those people icy glares.
Lindsey @ The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.