It’s Sunday, the beginning of a new week so that means it’s time for a Bloggin’ Recap. A feature inspired by A Bookish Heart. Every Sunday I’ll get the chance to tell you what’s going on in my life, what I’ve posted for the week, what to expect in the upcoming week and posts I enjoyed from other bloggers.
In Real Life
If you don’t know already– I’m back. In my head I picture my arrival causing a stir like Voldemort’s in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. You know the moment I’m talking about– when Cornelius Fudge enters the Ministry of Magic at the very end of the epic battle between Dumbledore and Voldemort (typical) and Fudge says “He’s back!” while everyone around him is thinking “Duh.” So if someone could leave “She’s back!” in the comments it would really make my little nerdy heart smile.
Even though I’ve been training in the library all summer my first ‘official’ day is tomorrow. I’m a little nervous as it’s walkthrough week which means this is the time where students come and get everything they need for school– I.D. cards, textbooks, schedule etc. So that means chaos for us library folk as it’s a whole lot of kids and textbooks we’re dealing with in a short amount of time. But I’ll survive, I may have to make multiple trips to Starbucks in one day, but that still qualifies as surviving.
For those of you that didn’t know I bought my first ever car! Meet Belle:
She’s a ’95 Camry and for how old she is, she’s in great condition! So new job, new car– I felt it was only appropriate to incorporate some new features for the blog. As I explained in my post on Friday, I will be introducing three new series over the course of my blog: Let’s Pretend I’m a Publisher: My Guide to Good to Good Book Material, How Not to Fizzle Out of Blogging and Fictional World Vacation Packages. Let’s Pretend I’m a Publisher is going to cover a wide variety of elements pertaining to the making of a book, for example: what makes a great cover, how to create an exciting blurb for the back of your book, on creating a pseudonym and much more! For this feature I really want to create a graphic that includes me in a top hat, glasses and twirling a thin black mustache– which is strange because I’m pretty sure the average publisher doesn’t wear top hats or twirl thin black mustaches.
Now, How Not to Fizzle Out of Blogging is going to be a collection of the tips I’ve researched on blogging organization and techniques. I plan to have guests contribute to this feature as well so if you’re interested please let me know. Fictional World Vacation Packages will be in the form of a brochure (think of my Literary Nonsense magazine) and will cover many fictional worlds including: Panem, Middle Earth, Hogwarts etc. This one will be pure fun and silliness– two things deeply encouraged here at The Day Dreamer and Candy Eater.
I’m also making a change to the Spread the Word feature and renaming it Scanning the Skies. It will still be a feature designed to highlight bloggers but instead of just talking about them I plan to assign them a super hero (or super villain) persona! This will be featuring the second Saturday of every month (which means this Saturday).
Lastly, I have created a game called Novel Scramble. It’s where I take literary pieces and characters and hide them throughout four reviews. You have to find them, decipher them and then put them together to create the final answer. If you would like to see an example check out this post. The first person to submit the right answer wins a prize, this month it’s a $15 Amazon gift card. I’ll be posting all the official stuff on Monday. I’m particularly excited about this game because it was inspired by one of my favorite literary role models: Nancy Drew. I’m excited to be back, there’s nothing like sharing your passion with people who understand!
On the Blog
- The Low Down on Novel Scramble
- Book Art: Cool or Offensive?
- The Self Doubt That Comes With Writing Reviews
- Scanning the Skies
From Around the Blogosphere
- Becky shares another feature of Quoting the Quill
- Chiara shares some Excitement Abound!
- Ashley asks Do GIFs Infringe on Copyrights?
- Ashley askss Why Do We Have Regular ‘Features’ on Our Blogs?
- Ashley introduces LitRate– The Next Big Thing in the Reading World
- Ashley talks about Books, Designs, Photos, & Feeling Bleh
- Kelley shares another feature of Almost Here!
- Asti rounds up some Bookish Friends
- Ashley debates Contructive Reviews vs. Destructive Reviews
- Kayla shares the Best Books of 2014 So Far
- Miranda shares a debut feature of She Said-She Said: Mood Reading vs. Systematic Reading
- Steph reveals some Hot New Titles
- Dave pens Uncharted
- Helen shares some Bookish (and Not So Bookish) Thoughts
- Natalie asks Why, Publishers, Why?!
- Tara asks What do you do if a blogger is…well…wrong about something?
- Tara shares another feature of Extra Credit | Audiobooks
- Stephanie discusses Authors Who Venture into Other Age Groups